Friday, April 11, 2014

Fake Funeral Prank Causes Tears, Not Laughs

A woman thinks she's going to meet a friend. When she gets there, she realizes that there's a funeral going on â€" hers.

That's the premise of this anti-speeding public service announcement from Belgium from Go For Zero, a campaign from the Belgian Institute for Road Safety that's trying to bring their annual death rate from speeding-related accidents from 300 to nil.

According to the group, the fake funeral was set up by a family member who wanted to stage an intervention for a loved one who speeds. The film is a montage of a few people's interventions captured on hidden camera.

The video ends with heartfelt tears and urges viewers to share it with their friends and family members, who are frequent speeders.

For those who want to follow along, here's the English translated script, courtesy of Google:

0:07They were going to meet up with a friend - at least that's what they thought.
0:17And what if you were invited, like them, to a funeral?
0:30Your own funeral...
0:37She had barely started her life on this earth.
0:42Death may be difficult to accept, but it's part of life after all.
0:48Let's take a moment to reflect on this.
0:59Some close friends and family will now say a word.
1:07I thought this only happened to others,
1:10but here I am.
1:13Why did you have to go?
1:16Why you?
1:18The person I did everything with.
1:20With whom I could share everything.
1:22I met you almost 20 years ago.
1:26You are the brother I never had.
1:29I remember those Sunday mornings.
1:31We used to play catch on Mom and Dad's bed.
1:35We still had a list of things to do.
1:37In April we were going to Brazil together.
1:42It was the night of October 21.
1:45The telephone rang.
1:48But it wasn't you.
1:50It was the police.
1:53Speeding, just this one time, marked the end of you.
1:56I cannot and do not want to try and understand.
2:00It feels so stupid: you in a coffin.
2:02And me even more so standing up here talking to you.
2:07My darling child.
2:11I want to be strong.
2:13But how is that possible? I am a father who is burying his daughter.
2:20It's terrible to see you plucked from our lives like that.
2:24You were my friend, my support and my hope.
2:28You fooled around again on the road and it was one time too many.
2:32Kim, this time I can still ask you.
2:36Please be careful when you are driving.
2:39I don't want to lose you.
2:42Please never speed again.
2:44We love you too much to lose you.
2:50Please listen to me. Slow down.
2:54Don't leave me, son. I love you.
3:00Convince your friends to drive more slowly before it is too late.
3:22Share this video with them now.
3:27 Went too fast. Gone too soon.

Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

Topics: Business, intervention, Media, PSA, speeding

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Mashable Articles